Helping you take the first steps towards a healthy pregnancy.
Once you have confirmed a viable pregnancy the next step is getting into prenatal care if you are not already. This care can be provided by your current OB/GYN.
Consistent care is important to you ensure the health of yourself and the pregnancy, and is key in finding and preventing any problems that may occur.
YOUR FIRST PRENATAL VISIT
Your first prenatal visit can include any of the following:
- Full physical exam
- Breast exam
- Pelvic exam
- Cervical exam, including a Pap Test
- Blood work for lab testing
- Questions about your lifestyle, relationship and health habits
- Calculation of your due date
SCHEDULE OF PRENATAL CARE
Typically routine prenatal checkups are scheduled:
- Once a month for weeks 4-28
- Twice a month for weeks 28-36
- Weekly for weeks 36-birth
PAYING FOR PRENATAL CARE
If you are concerned about paying for prenatal care, help is available. North Care Women’s Clinic offers referrals and help navigating resources available for assistance with pregnancy and prenatal care in the North Penn area.